Wednesday, June 1, 2011

FIBRO - Fibromyalgia Food Diary Journal Entry Three

Dear Diary,


     Guess this thing is harder than I thought.  I called my nutritionist (using a phone card from a friend) asking if I could eat bread if it were made from bean flour.  I was willing to give it a shot in making some noodles and bread loaves with the bean flour so that my options were more open with what I could eat.
  Well.  That didn't turn out! lol  She said I could do that, it'd be fine. We hung up. She called back.  Apparently she doesn't have long distance, because she said she can't be calling me back.  (I can only afford local right now with my income).  Her words were, "I can't pay for you to be well."  That caught me up; I told her I wasn't asking her to.  I asked if she could possibly jump on chat with me online, but she, in a harried, hurried tone, told me that would take too long and she has too many clientel for her to do that for me.  She ended her services and we hung up.  I guess I should've caught the warning signs when she called for our appointment; she hurried through it, I didn't understand most of what she said because of phone complications and her being fast, and she ended up emailing me anyway with the overall stuff she called to tell me.
     I know for a fact her methods work.  I'm not bashing her.  She's so good, that she's too busy to take on more clients.  I just wish she wouldn't have accepted me as a client if she had too many people to worry about.  That $95.00 for the initial appointment could've bought diapers, wipes, household cleaners, laundry soap, paid gas for people who drive my family around getting groceries or to appointments. Normally, that's what that spare $95.00 was used for.
     I admit I cried.  Once upon a time, I had little to work with and could spread it much thinner than anyone else could.  I could work with nothing and turn it into everything.  Now I can't, my best skills are now my worst.  I felt as if I was being dumped again by yet again another healthcare provider.  Fortunately, I at least gained a little knowledge about my management whereas doctors I have seen have not even educated me, or treated me, and charged me almost $1,000+.  Should I be happy about that?
     So what am I going to do now?  I guess I'll breath.  Take some time to research more recipes and once again, take my own management into my own hands.  I have to. Besides me, my boyfriend and a friend from church (whom I appreciate dearly), there's nobody else who cares about me taking steps to be well, enough to be interactive with my management.


My next diary entry will be the research I've done on recipes for myself.  And a co-operative grocery list from the recipes.


Once again, on my own.


Sarah

4 comments:

Good said...

hi Momma Spider, thanks for connecting with Fibro Blogger Directory. You've been added.
http://fibrobloggerdirectory.blogspot.com/p/fibro-blogger-directory.html

Georgie said...

http://www.reciperenovator.com/ This is stephanies site - she may be able to help you with making a recipe from your food list. i don't think your nutritionist sounds very professional - does she have a website or a list of recipes or ANYTHING?

Georgie said...

PS found you on fibro bloggers

alexg said...

Hi,

I work with a doctor named Bill Rawls in North Carolina who has recently written a book about his struggle with fibromyalgia/CFS called "Suffered Long Enough." He is a traditionally trained physician, but found the medical community's treatments for his illness lacking, so he developed his own. Would you possibly be interested in writing something about the book on your blog? I'd love to give you an advanced copy if you're interested. It's out November 10.

Thanks so much for your time.

Sincerely,

Alex Granados