Thursday, January 6, 2011

LIFE - Embroidering Hope

To create artwork on cloth often takes time, knowledge of your craft and patience. I was embroidering today and with every stitch, snip of the threads and puncture of cloth, I was thinking of my future and what it would hold.

Not so long ago everything looked so bleak to me and suddenly, doors and windows both opened up when I embraced my faith rather than denied it. *snip snip* Hrm. Snow white. The colour of rebirth; the colour of my sleepiness converting to rebirth. The clouded past clearing to a bright and crisp December morning blanketed by day-old snow. Blue, my noble and second favourite colour. Blue like the eyes I wish I was born with; always envied. *draws the thread up through the cloth in long, repetitive movements* Blue, like the oceans I want to cross so very soon! Blue - the colour I want to wear when I get married some day. *carefully cuts the thread and rethreads the needle with*...ah purple. The best. What has seen me through since I was a child. I look forward to seeing my future painted with this one; whether in my childrens' imaginations or in the scenery of my home.

I wanted to sew silver threads into this piece, but I cannot bring myself to it. Silver is the colour of the unknown, the part I will leave up to Someone far bigger and greater than myself. I won't imagine that part; the part where I give up my concerns of tomorrow to Him and life continues onward as I hone my faith. I won't imagine that part because it leaves room for me to live for today and appreciate the blessings I've got before the day is through.

My rather jumbled thoughts for the evening.

*sets aside sewing for today and turns out the lights*

No comments: